The sustainability concept of the uvex group
Our innovative products have been protecting people at work, in sport and during leisure pursuits since 1926. Any company that wants to protect people has to take responsibility. It is precisely this mission that gave rise to our pledge to act not only sustainably, but also with social and environmental responsibility. As a result, our mission of protecting people encapsulates more than just physical safety.
Our sustainability targets
- Reduction in energy consumption amounting to 6.5% in relation to energy metrics (based on financial year 2016/17) by the end of financial year 2019/20 as part of measures linked to DIN EN ISO 50001
- Secure supply of carbon-neutral energy and gas for energy procurement
- Alternatives to energy-intensive production processes
- Optimisation of production processes
- Ongoing supplier monitoring by way of audits to ensure total compliance with social standards
- Expansion of the uvex group’s employer brand: recruit and retain employees over the long term - particularly for target groups that are hard to fill, increase recognition of the uvex group and improve its image, motivate and retain internal employees, project younger image of the uvex group as an employer
- Further development of digital tools such as e-learning
- Increased use of social media for the purposes of recruiting and retaining employees
- Rainer Winter Foundation's work to be continued by the family business over the long term
Michael Winter, Managing Partner uvex group
"protecting people is our mission. protecting planet is the natural continuation of this mission when it comes to treating people, society and nature responsibly. With protecting planet, we have created a label that offers maximum transparency and information about our sustainability activities: from resource-saving products and innovative measures in our factories through to social commitment and social projects."